Whether you're looking for a way to unplug from the busy work week, take the family on a quick getaway, or add to a vacation itinerary, this practical and inspiring book provides the perfect way to plan your next quick escape. Whatever your pleasure, 1,000 Perfect Weekends has a unique itinerary built to excite you, illustrated with dramatic National Geographic photographs. Divided by theme and interest—including nature parks, country weekends, mountain retreats, enabled travel, romantic getaways, traveling with pets, and more—this fun-packed guide offers an adventure you can experience in 36 to 72 hours. Highlighting the best short escapes from hubs across the globe, these trips cover more than 40 countries around the world with escapes like:
- Two days sailing off the coast of the Bahamas
- Camping with wild horses on Assateague Island in Maryland
- Driving through Italy's "Chocolate Valley"—a mouth watering experience
- Skating the world's largest ice rink at Ottawa's winter festival
- Swinging over the edge of the world in Ecuador
- A family-friendly getaway to the best theme parks in the country
- An R&R weekend at a renowned spa in California's Napa Valley
You'll also find more than 50 snackable top-10 lists—from the best places to go antiquing to the most relaxing spas to the top museums in the world—to add to your bucket list, along with first-person accounts from travelers who have scouted out each location.
This is the ultimate wanderlust's collection! With nearly 20 years worth of weekend adventures to be had, you'll love working your way through the world's best weekend bucket list.
Hardcover, 704 pages, Forward by George Stone, 7.60 x 9.00 x 2.10 inches